Thursday, June 23, 2011

More bible study help

I wanted to share with you what I found this weekend that has been a great help to me already with my bible study.  It's a multi colored pen in PASTEL colors!!

I was so excited to find one that wasn't your basic, red, blue and black.  This one has pink, purple, lime, and turquoise.  I was glad to find the pens in these colors because they work well with my new bible.  I used to do the same idea with my old bible and highlighters, but found they bleed through too much on the pages of my new one.  Now I can do my markings again!  Here is what I use
 God's special verses for me : pink
 Verses on the family : purple
 Wisdom and Instruction : blue
 Salvation : green
  

 Here is a picture of my new bible.  I love the wide margins that it has.  Plenty of room for notes!  I also chose one that does NOT have study notes.  Not that I am opposed to that, but I was finding it distracting during my reading, and wanted something simple instead.  I do not like to change bibles, so I'm hoping this one lasts me a long time.  I bought a pretty nice quality one with some birthday money.


So there you have it.  A quick peek at my bible and how I use it in my daily study!








2 comments:

Jessica P said...

That is really neat!!
It looks like a great bible too! What a great birthday present!

Mamachildress said...

How fun to get a new bible Jenny. I am the same way in that I don't like to get/use different bibles. It's like a "friend" in that I like to write my thoughts around on the pages as well as underline and mark things.
I wanted to say that I really like your idea of using different colors for different types of verses.VERY neat!
Where did you buy your bible?