Thursday, June 09, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
June 9, 2011

Outside my window...cool, windy, and cloudy

I am thinking...about repentance and what that really means!

I am thankful for...my lovely church family

From the learning rooms...on break right now.  Still working on math facts and summertime science!

From the kitchen..something with rhubarb today maybe?  Meatloaf for supper!

I am excited about..the electric piano sitting in my living room.  A lovely gift from a member of our church family

I am wearing...long, flowy, blue knit fabric skirt.  Red t-shirt.  Wool socks (told you it was cool this morning) and black mary janes

I am creating...a knitted blue teddy bear for Caleb's bday next month, a dolly dress today

I am going..to town later with a friend to hit a huge rummage sale (also known as a garage sale)

I am reading...Hebrews

I am hoping...that the levees hold the Missouri River out of our town

I am hearing...children finishing up their breakfast and the washing machine making a bunch of racket!

Around the house..need to put the piano in it's place today and reorganize dressers.  Good cleaning is planned for tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...red and aqua fabric.  Can't wait to get some new and make me another apron!

A few plans for the rest of the week...going to Elk Point, SD this weekend to stay with the Haileys and join them for the first Sunday service in their newly planted church!  Jeff & I are actually going to stay the night in the hotel that we stayed at on our wedding night and the kids are staying with the Hailey Family!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:

A picture of a real gumbo lily, taken by my husband
last week on the NW South Dakota prairie!

No comments: