Friday, July 08, 2011

Chicken Fettucine Alfredo

Here is another of our family's favorite recipes!  Very quick and easy too, as long as you have all the ingredients on hand!  In fact my 11 year old daughter made this almost all by herself for our supper this week!



1/2 stick butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream or half & half
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/4 t nutmeg
garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fettucine noodles, cooked
Cooked chicken.  I usually just cut up a couple of large chicken breasts and brown in skillet.


Melt butter in saucepan, add garlic to taste.  Add cream, cut up cream cheese and slowly melt.  Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.  When heated and cream cheese has melted, add parmesan cheese.  Stir in chicken and pour over cooked noodles.  Toss and enjoy!  Also good with shrimp!





Join me and others on Comfy in the Kitchen's blog, for Feasting in Fellowship Fridays!!

2 comments:

Folky Dots said...

Yummy! I use this Alfredo sauce recipe a lot only I omit the nutmeg.

Doing the chicken that way sure would be quicker. I usually bread the chicken breasts in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs with some Italian herbs (unless I'm low carbing then I leave out the bread crumbs for me) and cook it on the griddle in butter.

So good!

Mamachildress said...

I am going to have to try this! Yummy!
I currently make chicken alfredo using (gag me....) alfredo sauce in a jar!