Friday, May 27, 2011

Dolly Days Friday!


http://littlejennywren.blogspot.com/search/label/Dolly%20Day%20Friday

Ever since I saw the first "dolly days" post on Little Jenny Wren, I knew I wanted to post!  I have a very special Cabbage Patch Kid doll that I want to share about with you.  Back in the year, what was it, 1982?  CPK's became incredibly popular.  As usual, we paged through the Sears and JCP catalogs, circling what we wanted for Christmas.  Well, I wanted one of those dolls.  My Mom thought I was crazy and ignored my wishes, since I'd never been one to really want a doll.  Before long, they were impossible to find anywhere!  My Mom ended up getting on a waiting list at our little store in town that carried toys.  For my birthday that year in February, she gave me a card with a cut out picture of a Cabbage Patch Doll.  If I remember correctly, I finally got my doll in May.  Her name was Emmalynn Freddie.  Here she is now in the same original outfit.

It turns out that close to 18 years later, we named our first child, a daughter, Emmalynn.  We didn't keep the middle name Freddie though.  Hope sounded like a better choice.  So she is Emmalynn Hope and here she is at age 11.


I still think Cabbage Patch Kids are adorable and they probably contribute to my current love for Waldorf Dolls!  Love the cloth skin and yarn hair!

1 comment:

Veelana said...

Oh, that is such a lovely story! I never had a cabbage Patch Kid even though I really wanted one, so I'm doubly glad your mom got you one...
Your daughter looks lovely!